July 1, 2012

Real stories. Changing Lives.



What is your story? What is the story of those around you? Ever asked? I bet you would be surprised by the faces in your life that have been found by grace and given new life. I know that I have been on many occasions. The people I thought would never understand my faith are the ones that turn out to share it. This book 'I am second', tells the stories of people in our world, some of them we know because they have achieved fame, others we may not know but we know the story, we have someone in our life that is just like them. No one escapes this earth without a story, without suffering, without pain. What is great about this book is that it tells the side of the story of how God found them where they were at, shared with them His infinite love, and changed their lives and in turn used them to change the lives of others. The book even throws in some miracles for those of you who long for hope of great magnitude.

If you are a believer, this is a family story. Your brother's and sister's and how God is using them, and what they are doing now. Almost like a family news letter. If you are not yet a believer, this is a powerful tale of God's great love for you. How he can meet your deepest need, how he longs for you, pursues you, and how all you have to do is say 'yes'.

This book taught me about being second. As you know from an earlier post this week I got caught up in being first, I realized that there is a part of me, that doesn't want to wait on God to move, to work, to use me. I want to control the when, the how, the ways and the time. Allowing God to come first will take sacrifice, suffering, and work, but it pays dividends of peace, joy and fulfillment.

Reading about the lives and struggles and ultimate successes of these real people has encouraged me, helped me and reminded me of that great love, that pursuing love, that God has for me. It has reminded me that I too have a story that has been redeemed through Christ. It has reminded me that all that I do is and should be in glory to HIM who is first.

My name is Laurie Haughton and I am second.

"Book has been provided courtesy of Thomas Nelson and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.
Available at your favourite bookseller from Thomas Nelson". 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback, don't be shy! Follow me!