May 19, 2011

If you can't beat 'em....































































































































The other day I yelled out to the boys for what seemed like the thousandth time to stop playing in the dirt... it seemed like a never ending battle and I began to dread letting them go outside because I knew it would mean, more laundry, dirty floors and a total strip down at the door and march to the bathroom for a shower...
Then it dawned on me... I used to LOVE playing in the mud and making mud pies, mud castles and any other thing of mud that I could. The act of touching dirt, of getting muddy and wet... it's a childhood right of passage. So, no more yelling out the door... now I just suck it up and strip 'em down and shower them off. 

The funny thing... we are all happier as a result.

1 comment:

  1. I always just let my kids get dirty. I stripped at the door, carried them one at a time at arms length to the tub and then drowned the dirt in the shower! Actually, dirt in many ways, is good for them. IT's a learning opportunity. AND, the germs in dirt actually increases childrens natural defences and immune system!

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback, don't be shy! Follow me!