January 13, 2015

Life does...



January is almost half over... I don't even know how that happened so quickly. On Sunday I realized that Josh's birth is literally around the corner! I remember when I was a kid and the years seemed to stretch out before me and days passed like eternity. Now I feel like I am in warp speed... Yesterday I was walking the dog passed a car (an empty car, on a seemingly empty street) when the car suddenly started by itself; I actually caught myself looking for David Hasselhoff! That was when it hit me... I am quickly getting older.( and if you know what I am referencing then you too are getting older my friends) This new year marks the end of my thirties, come May I will enter a whole new decade of life, a new phase, a new chapter and I do so with so much excitement! My twenties were not so much fun, but my thirties were the best years of my life and it makes me look forward with anticipation to my forties.

I have so much to be thankful for. Looking back I can how God used the pain of my life to shape me, to change me and to bring me into this new person who is so ready to get old and face new challenges. It gets busy, life does, and it has challenges, life does; but when I can see how the things I have learned along the way can bless others then I am once again just so grateful. To know that a purpose came from the pain brings peace, and sometimes that has to be enough.

I am late in wishing all my readers a Happy New Year, but I do, I wish you all the joy and peace that comes with life, I wish you hope, strength, endurance, growth and laughter, even tears that move you to healing.

May God go with you into 2015;
Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback, don't be shy! Follow me!