June 23, 2011

My best friend

When I met Tim, almost 5 years ago I felt that my whole world shifted on it's axis, life as I knew it would never be the same. At our wedding my sister gave a speech and one of the things she said was that she wished for us that we never love each other as little as we did that day... her wish came true. Every day I look at the man I married and find that my heart has grown to a new capacity of love for this kind, generous, sweet, strong man who is my best friend. His wisdom, his strength of leadership, his heart are an amazing thing to see. Watching him, when he doesn't know I am doing it is a joy, hearing him play with the boys, seeing him work so hard to make our home more and more beautiful, more and more safe and secure and comfortable... well, it's a blessing that I sometimes find myself not deserving of. He is an incredible man, one that I have written of before and one that I will write of again. He is a man that I am so proud of in so many ways. His devotion to our family, his spirit and gifts, his service to me and my my kids are gifts and blessings that I often take for granted. He is compassionate, loving and so incredibly amazing and easy to love. His way of loving me is never ending, his heart so full of love and grace that often I find myself surprised by it. He is a man who knows what he wants and goes out and gets it. He is someone who wants to learn something and he reads up on it and masters it. He can do anything he sets his heart to, and he does it well. I just can't get over that he chose to set his heart on me...

I am blessed and I know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback, don't be shy! Follow me!